Sunday 9 August 2015

What Day Is It Again?

Lets be honest... without being in school or having our kids in school we have NO idea what day of the week it is.

The summer heat is at it's peak.  Those dang black and orange bugs are EVERYWHERE and our hair color is fading fast, which could only mean one thing... the back to school countdown is on!

Now I personally don't have kids in school yet, but I do have a husband in school (he's basically a big kid right?)  I still look forward to the weekend. I still pack lunches. I still wake up to give rides to school and I have been a kid, so I feel like I do know a bit of what I'm talking about here.

Every year as a kid/teen/grown woman I have had BIG plans for summer!  Road trips, lounging by the pool, sleeping in, park days, lunch dates, boating, staying up late, bon fires, concerts, I could go on and on.  Have any of these things actually happened ... a couple yes, but the majority of them have not.  We get busy.  We get lazy.  And we get SWEATY!  I don't know about you guys but when it's hot out I do not function.  I wasn't built for the heat (or physical labour).

What I'm trying to say here is whether you've had the best summer of ALL TIME, or if you've really let yourself down in the "party summer" department, there are only a couple weeks left!  Time is running out before it's back to alarms, homework and lost backpacks.  Go out there and live like there's no tomorrow!  Call that friend you've been wanting to get together with for months. Sleep under the stars on your trampoline.  Eat smores until you feel like your going to puke.. and then eat one more just for good measure.  Slice the sides of your mouth with a giant freeze!

Heading back to school doesn't have to be the worst thing in the world.  You get to pick out new binders (I still have all of my old spice girls school supplies from Grade 7... jealous?), you finally get to go get that haircut you've been pinning for months (but you weren't quite ready yet to give up your top-knot for), and best of all... YOU GET A NEW WARDROBE!  Check out our website Mayberrys.ca to save yourself from a chaotic day at the mall and spend your time more wisely by checking off a few more things off of your summer bucket list.

-bree@mayberrys.ca






No comments:

Post a Comment